My Financial Goals in 2018:
1. Continue again my First Metro Asset Management, Inc. (FAMI) Save and Learn Equity Fund mutual fund.
2. Build a bigger emergency fund size so it will be sufficient again for my personal expenses of at least 6 months.
These were my Financial Goals in 2015:
1. Resume my regular contribution to my mutual fund account First Metro Asset Management, Inc. (FAMI) Save and Learn Equity Fund.
2. Enroll my payroll account to auto saving which will automatically invest in Balance Mutual Fund.
3. Plan for a small business i.e. Food Cart, Laundry Shop, Taxi and UV Express.
4. Complete my emergency fund target.
It is already 2018! Have you already started listing your financial goals for this year? Compare my two financial goals for 2018 and 2015. For this year, I am aiming for a simpler goals to make it more realistic.
I still remember how bumpy the road was for me on the last quarter of 2014. There were a lot of uncontrolled spending, unplanned trips and expenses during the Christmas season. Plus the fact that I started on a new job… So in short… I took the chaos route to financial doom. I lost track of my spending and I got a lot of bills to pay when January 2015 came.
Here in the Philippines, Christmas is one of the longest holidays that we celebrate. Once the “BER Months” (months ending in BER) starts, we Filipinos are already starting to set up our Christmas trees and you will see shopping malls setting up their Christmas decors. Aside from that, you will also hear Christmas songs played on almost all radio stations and even on TV.
So, while the rest of the country is listing their New Year’s resolution. Here I am, listing my Financial Goals for 2018.
How about you? Do you already have any financial plans or goals this 2018?
Maybe you can share it to us by commenting below.